Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sermon Notes


As We mature in our walk with Christ, there are certain things we must do in order to grow. Today I took notes during church and wanted to share what I took home today. I love our pastor! He is such a good teacher.....

There are 6 topics.

1) Keep the Laws of the Lord.
Psalms 119 verses 1-8
1 [a] Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.

3 They do nothing wrong;
they walk in his ways.

4 You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.

5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!

6 Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.

7 I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.

8 I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.

2)Stay in Prayer

Luke 18 verse 1

The Parable of the Persistent Widow
1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

3)Praise and worship = Know that God is GOD!
and his word is true

Ephesians 5
1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

4) Fellowship with other christians = for encouragment and to be an encouragement to others.
Hebrew 10 verses 24 and 25
24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

5)Learn to Give
*we live in a society of takers. The focus is ME, Me, ME. god wants us to have a heart of GIVING and Love your Enemies

Luke 6 verses 27-31

27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.

6) Evangelisim

Matthew 28 verses 16-20

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

May you be blessed today and have a peaceful day of rest.
Serving Him with Gladness in my heart!
GardenKeeper

3 comments:

TO BECOME said...

I liked this best, "Know that God is God." This is the answer. When we really know that God is God and who God is, we have no worry or fears. Thank you for sharing with us. connie from Texas

candy said...

Great post! :)

Theresa's Notes said...

Very good post!