Wednesday, August 22, 2007

In the Presence of God



Last night I had the most amazing experience. I was on my way to city ministry function. I had to drive an hour to get to the place that I had to be. The clouds were building and the sun was straining to shine out and around the clouds. I had my mind on the mission that I had to do in the evening. (we were making calls to try to get group cordinators for the upcomming Weekend To Remember conference.) So I was praying about that. I had the radio on and was listening to my favorite christian radio station. I was singing the songs and driving along. All of the sudden the streams of light came pouring from the clouds and the radio station started to play "praise you in the Storm" by Casting Crowns. I was so moved and filled with the spirit of God. I nearly wept as it swept through me. I felt so much at peace. I pulled off the road and just take in the moment. It was awesome! I love it when God does that..... It is so GOOD to be a child of the king. :)



"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now

That You would have reached down

And wiped our tears awayStepped in and saved the day

But once again, I say "Amen",

and it's still raining

As the thunder rollsI barely hear

Your whisper through the rain"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes awayI'll praise You in this stormA

nd I will lift my handsFor You are who You are

No matter where I amEvery tear I've cried

You hold in Your handYou never left my side

And though my heart is tornI will praise You in this storm

I remember whenI stumbled in the wind

You heard my cry

You raised me up again

My strength is almost gone

How can I carry onIf I can't find You

As the thunder rolls

I barely hear You whisper through the rain"I'm with you"

And as Your mercy falls

I raise my hands and praise the God who gives

And takes awayI lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LordThe Maker of Heaven and Earth

2 comments:

candy said...

What a great post Lori!!!!
Yes, it IS sooooo good to be a child of God. So, so, soooo good.
I love moments like that too, that you experienced last night dirving in your car. Just awesome.

TO BECOME said...

Just wonderful and amazing. God does such wonderful things for His children. Great Post. Such a blessing. connie fromTexas