Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sermon Notes

Sorry for the delay! I finally got a chance to get back to the church today and grabbed my bible, along with my notes :)

HOW TO FIND PEACE (in a world that is full of unrest)

1) Have a relationship with Jesus Christ = total focus on christ, day in and day out.

Psalms 37 verse 3 says " Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. "

2) Morally HONOR the Lord.

More and more unmarried couples are moving in together. This is growing among the christian population more each year!

Keep the ways of the Lord and honor eachother

3) Dwell in the land faithfully.

Be consistant in our christian walk. Our walk with christ whould not change because of our circumstances!

When I learn to trust in the lord, do good AND dwell in the land faithfully= I will have REST

Proverbs 3 verses 5 and 6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

4) Rest in the Lord = Psalms 37

do you have the peace of God today?

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Yes! And Amen! thank you for sharing these verses. I love finding fellow believers all over the web!!
Jennifer!

gardenkeeper said...

Glad you found my blog! I've been doing alittle browsing at your place too! ;) I too really enjoy finding other who follow christ!!

TO BECOME said...

Yes, we should keep our eyes on the Lord, He never changes. We should never change with the circumstances if they are against Bibical teaching. connie from Texas

good Post.