Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Raising A Child With ADHD

Why god chose us to have a child with ADHD, I dont understand. But I accept that challenge! Our youngest son stuggles daily with his ADHD. I wish there was a magic pill that would make it all better, but in reality, there isn't.

His whole attitude really stinks lately and it is rubbing off on me. I try to be a patient and understanding mom, but where do you draw the line?

Tyler is in the 3rd grade this year and after only one week back to school we have having problems already. He refuses to do his work at school. He refuses to do his work at home. I Have been able to get him to do his *homework* done, but it is practically an act of God!

I really need your prayers this week. I am going to go tomarrow and talk with his teachers and see what we can do.

I make sure he has a solid schedual at home. He eats right, goes to bed on time. He gets up in the morning and takes a shower and gets a good start to his day. I don't know what else to do for him. When he wants something, he doesn't give up! tonight, he wanted to do his spelling and then go to a friends house. I tried to tell him that we can't just go at 7:30 in the evening to play with friends on a school night. He gets angry, yells, throws things and just has a temper tantrum. I am just about to my wits end.

Please forgive me for sounding so negative today.... I'll put on my postive attitude now :)

6 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Hi Lori, I came over from Theresa's!

I spent a few minutes and browsed your blog!! Fun!

I was surprised to go over to your twin sister's blog, you both have the same set up!

As to this post, I think we all have days where we feel overwhelmed and negative. But leave it at the cross. Leave your worries at Jesus' feet.

Having a child with any health issue is tough, so I am feeling your sadness and frustration. But I can also see the love your have for him!

Just leave all your worries, and pain with Jesus, He loves you and will help carry your load.
Jennifer
penofjen.blogspot.com

candy said...

I will lift you up in prayer tonight. I know its probably tough sometimes. Im thinking of ya and praying for you,

Candy

gardenkeeper said...

Hi Jen, thanks for popping over! I appreciate your prayers.

I am new to blogland and having not gotten to know it very well yet! I would like to have it a bit more personalized, but the HTML is alittle tricky! :) Blessings to you today

gardenkeeper said...

Candy, You are a wonderful prayer warrior and I thank God that you are here, praying for me needs :)
God Bless!

jennifer said...

Lori-I just was commenting on how cool the twin thing is!! I always thought it would be very neat to have a twin!!!As to your blog, I like it=)
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

distributor expired hilda dabbs blogoshere influx captain layxu toilets gsanta frosts
lolikneri havaqatsu