Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cell Phones..... Oh what a pain!


My hubby and I have been searching for a new cell phone plan for some time now. We searched online for the best plan for us and called the company for assistance. They guy that sold us our plan and phones was very curtious and helpful. We ordered our phones and our plans, then waited pateintly for the phones to arrive.

Today the phones came! I opened the boxes, read the instructions. I charged the batteries, then turned the phones on. I had called once earlier, because they gave us wierd phone numbers (out of state numbers) which should have been our first clue.... When I turned on the phones, they said *no service*. hmmmm... I thought... So I called the company again, and after speaking with several people I find out that they dont service our area!!

I told them I wanted a refund and would send the phones back at their expense. This was all fine and dandy. So I was put on hold for a 1/2 hour only to be disconnected. So I called back, my patience wearing a bit thin. Finally got to talk to a human again, and we went through the whole verification process again. Then his computer locked up on him and he could not finish the return today. He asked me to call back tomarrow. I told him that I would not be the victim of a run around and that he better process this thing and email me by the end of the day TOMARROW. By the end of the conversation, I was steamed. (good thing my hubby was not home from work yet! ) heeheee

I then went shopping again for another carrier. I found a local one and made sure we were in a service area and odered from them. *wish I had gone through this carrier in the first place!*

There is a lesson to be learned from this....... I need to make sure our little town is on the map before I order things online again!

No comments: